NZFMC Youth Leadership Camp 2016
The NZFMC Youth Council is organising the NZFMC Youth Leadership Camp 2016 at the Orongomai Marae, 1 Railway Ave, Wellington from 21 July 2016 till 24 July 2016.
Purpose of this Camp:
The camp aims to bring together youth representatives from throughout NZ. At the camp the young people would be equipped with skills and resources to be change agents in their communities, build quality relationships with key stakeholders, develop a youth strategy that implements its vision, and establish a strong network of youth ambassadors who will work together to address challenges in the community.
1. The Camp will focus on empowering young people as change agents and leaders in their community. At the end of the camp young people will have developed an Action Plan which they can implement in their own community.
2. Young people will be introduced to the Vision and Mission of the NZFMC, and be encouraged to contribute to the activities of the NZFMC as youth council members.
3. Young people will be provided with information and resources to develop a strategic plan for the NZFMC Youth Council. A mission statement will be developed by the youth and will be adopted by the Youth Council and NZFMC.
4. Youth Council will build quality relationships with key stakeholders such as Ministry of Youth development, Ministry of Social Development, NZ Police, Commission of Ethnic Affairs, Human Rights Commission, NZFMC, RMC and Special Councils. This will be done by inviting representatives to participate in the camp as speakers or workshop facilitators.
5. Young people will develop quality relationships with each other establishing a network of positive change agents and leaders who will be able to support each other.
6. A communications and marketing plan will be developed and implemented to boost the promotion of Youth Council activities, grow membership and ensure young people stay connected with each other.
1. Participants must have NZ citizenship or resident status
2. Be between the age of 15 and 30 (anyone aged 18 and under must have parental/guardian permission).
3. Young people must be affiliated with a NZFMC RMC or completed the NZFMC Youth Council Registration process.
4. Young person can be nominated by a community/youth organisation or youth council.
5. Will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the camp.
6. As there a limited spaces all young people must complete the BIO section of the Registration Form and submit two references. Youth Council Executive members will contact applicants to for a phone interview or to confirm their position.
Click here for the programme plan. For more details, please email to email@example.com.