Waikato Multicultural Council Inc
Objectives of Waikato Multicultural Council are:
- Give and receive mutual support and co-operation between ethnic groups in the Waikato region.
- Support and develop multiculturalism.
- Support the development of ethnic communities in Waikato
- Endeavour for unity and co-operation amongst ethnic and the wider community
- Assist in the development of youth and women in the region
- Promote development of effective communication and life skills to migrants and refugees to settle well in New Zealand.
Waikato Multicultural Council, formerly known as Waikato Ethnic Council, is an incorporated society and a registered charity. It has been operating in the Waikato region with its base in Hamilton for the past 22 years.
Waikato Multicultural Council has been providing social services to assist the resettlement of migrants and refugees and also for the promotion of cultural diversity in our community over the past several years. It acts as an umbrella and resource body for various ethnic organisations in the Waikato region. Apart from arranging Life Skills classes and English Language classes for community, WMC also organises informative lectures/ seminars/ workshops on various issues and subjects. It also helps promote ethnic culture and arts by arranging cultural events like Waikato Multicultural Day Celebrations.
Postal: PO Box 551, Hamilton 3240
President: Ravinder Powar
Vice President: Sardool Singh Bains
Secretary: Dr Manilal Jogia
Assistant Secretary: Linda Gee
Treasurer: Dr Anwar Ghani
Publicity Officer: Ajit Singh Sagoo
Immediate Past President: Dr Asad Moshim
Executive Committee Members
1. Dr Mustafa Farouk
2. Parvinder Singh Bains
3. Aleksey Ladur
4. Yanxia Wu
Senior’s Council Coordinators
1. Janet Frank
2. Savitri Naido
Women’s Council Coordinators
1. Tina Fleck
2. Gladys Stephens
Youth Council Coordinators
1. Vadim Pyzhyanov
2. Jinah Lee
3. Harshmeem Kaur