- Canterbury is the largest region of New Zealand by land area and has the 2nd largest population.
- The major city of Christchurch is located in the Canterbury region as is the urban centre of Timaru.
- Canterbury has the lowest annual average rainfall of the regions (using Christchurch Gardens' weather station).
- Canterbury's average weekly income for people in paid employment is the 3rd highest in New Zealand.
- It has the fourth highest median house prices.
- Unemployment in Canterbury is currently the 2nd lowest rate in New Zealand
Activities and Programmes
As we have the office in the city's centre, many people visit our office and contact us over phone. DMEC is really flourishing.
Besides all the events we conduct regular monthly meetings and social gatherings in the selected places of members which is really works for bring a sense of unity among the members.
Read our latest newsletter online
is an online Guide providing all kinds of information relating to working in Christchurch, such as information on courses, where to have documents translated, how to get overseas qualifications recognised, entry requirements for specific occupations and much more.