- The Bay of Plenty is the 10th largest region of New Zealand Bay of Plenty has the 5th largest population. The urban centres of Rotorua and Tauranga are both in the Bay of Plenty region.
- The Bay of Plenty's average weekly income for people in paid employment is the 11th highest in New Zealand.
- Unemployment in the Bay of Plenty is low, but slightly higher than the national average.
- The largest industry is retail trade, followed by manufacturing and then health and community services.
- The Bay of Plenty has the 14th lowest total crime rate out of 15 regions, but the 2nd lowest rate for property damage offences.
Tauranga Regional Multicultural Council Inc. is affiliated with the New Zealand Federation Of Multicultural Councils Inc. and participates in the Federations Annual meetings which allows ethnic people from around the country to mingle and discuss shared items of concern. Tauranga Regional Multicultural Council Inc. meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
Click here to see more