13 May 2020
Holy Ramadan to everyone !
Hope you all stay well during the Ramadan month, and enjoy being with your whānau/family and play safe (some practical tips attached – many thanks to the contributors/translators.
We often refer to the E Tū Whānau values in our work. They are a wonderful guide to follow at this time. You can find out more on the website - www.etuwhanau.org.nz
There are 6 values:
- Aroha – Giving with no expectation of return
- Whanaungatanga – It’s about being connected
- Whakapapa – Knowing who you are and where you belong
- Mana/Manaaki – Building the mana (self-esteem) of others, through nurturing, growing and challenging
- Kōrero Awhi – Positive communications and actions; talking kindly to each other
- Tikanga – Doing things the right way, according to our value,